- One of the world's most significant new museums.
- The largest investment in cultural infrastructure since the Sydney Opera House.
- The first State cultural institution to be established in Western Sydney.
- A $300 million revitalisation the much loved Powerhouse museum.
- Enabled by a transformative $250 million investment by the NSW Government.
- New and expanded exhibition spaces to showcase the Powerhouse Collection alongside new and exclusive international exhibitions.
- A national place of connection and research of astronomy, meteorology and science.
- Sydney Observatory is open for pre-booked tours Wednesday to Saturday.
- Heritage conservation works are underway to support continued public access.
Powerhouse Collection Digitisation
- Since 2019, Powerhouse has been working on one of the largest digitisation projects ever undertaken in Australia to ensure our collection is more accessible to the public.
- More than 338,000 objects (including many from the Powerhouse Archives) have been digitised to date and are now available to view online.
Stay up to date
Be the first to know about Powerhouse events, collaborations and opportunities.
For over 140 years, Powerhouse has evolved across multiple locations, from the historic Garden Palace to regional museums through to its four locations today.